With the potential of inclement weather this coming Saturday, the VRC in conjunction with Racing Victoria have made the decision to move the races forward by half an hour to avoid visibility issues for the last race.
The first race will run at 11:40am and the last race will be at 4:35pm.
Gates will now open at 10:40am.
As train times are organised in advance of the day, Metro Trains are unable to alter their train services to Flemington Racecourse. However, the VRC have put in place a number of contingency plans to ensure you’re able to get to and from the track.
GETTING TO FLEMINGTON
- Trains will depart from Southern Cross Station (Platform No. 8) at 10:50am and then every 20 minutes until 1:10pm. All trains stop only at North Melbourne Station (Platform No. 2) and then run express to Flemington Racecourse (Platform No. 1).
- Buses will run from Ascot Vale Train Station to Flemington Taxi Rank between 7:30am and 11:30am. Trains will run from Southern Cross on the Craigieburn line through to Ascot Vale in 20min intervals.
- Between 10:00am and 11:30am, one bus will operate an internal shuttle picking up patrons at the top of the Wetlands (located at the bottom of the hill when entering Flemington Drive) to the taxi rank. This will help patrons who have caught the 57 tram or are walking down from Newmarket Train Station.
- Trains will depart Flemington Racecourse (Platform No. 1) at 4:15pm, 4:55pm, 5:29pm, 5:48pm, 6:08pm and 6:28pm stopping only at North Melbourne Station (Platform No. 1) and Southern Cross Station (Platform No. 8).
- A shuttle bus will run from the Flemington Taxi Rank to Newmarket Station until 7:30pm to help cater for people who enjoy our extended hours in the Champagne Bar and The Roof Garden