Club Stand progress has been excellent over the last week with some more momentous milestones reached, this has included the first of the columns installed at the North West Corner of the Club Stand where the Courtyard Bar and Members Bar will be located.
The concrete Ground Slab has continued to be poured and is now halfway complete and expected to be fully finished in the next month. Later this week will see the concrete slab poured for the Owners and Trainers Facility, which will be temporarily occupied during the Melbourne Cup Carnival for Racing Media.
The following works will be completed over the next fortnight:
Week commencing Monday 14 August
- Preparation of ground floor slab 4b (north east)
- Pour ground slab 4b
- Preparation of Owners & Trainers slab
- Pour Owners & Trainers ground slab
- Erect structural steel columns & beams
- Preparation of jump form
Week commencing Monday 21 August
- Monday 21st August – RDO
- Prepare remaining ground slabs (south west)
- Pour south west ground slabs.
- Continue structural steel column and beam installation
Club Stand Build Diary
The video below is an artist's impression of the new Club Stand, reflecting the projected build progress and timing.