Read our updated policies for smoking, bringing you own food and glass movement within the Members Enclosure
As an extension of the Victorian Government’s Tobacco Act, the VRC has established new designated smoking areas across course. These areas have been determined with food service safety in mind and are denoted by clear signage.
Designated smoking areas for members include;
- The Club Stand – the western end of the betting ring, between the turnstiles and bookies
- The Grandstand – the lawn area at the western end of the Grandstand entrance
- The Rails – Underneath the super screen at the east end of the Rails carpark
- The Nursery – at the main entrance next to the super screen and near the central TAB outlet
- The Birdcage – outside the gates of the Birdcage
For all designated smoking areas please refer to our Carnival map (PDF)
BYO FOOD POLICY
With the opening of our new Club Stand, members now have access to so many more food options; from The Arbour, with its four different food counters serving up hot, cold and always deliciously fresh food, to the Courtyard Bar offering a selection of both traditional and gourmet light meals. Not to mention The Bakery where you’ll find all kinds of sweet and savoury treats along with steaming hot coffee or tea.
BYO food is not permitted in the new Club Stand, except for out on the front lawn. Of course, BYO food is still permitted in the Grandstand.
Within the new Club Stand precinct, we are trialling a new policy for glass movement. Members will be permitted to take glass out onto the seating decks, into the betting ring and on the member’s lawn area.
The glass policy in The Grandstand will remain unchanged; glass is permitted on the Champagne Terrace but decanting is required before entering the seating decks and northern balconies.