- What is The Club Stand?
The Club Stand offers a superior event experience unsurpassed by any other racecourse in the world where visitors can enjoy the best hospitality, entertainment and racing.
- Why did the VRC build the new Club Stand?
The VRC announced its Masterplan in 2010, with the construction of the new Club Stand our priority as the Members Old Grandstand approached the end of its useful life.
The Masterplan ensures the VRC will continue to deliver significant economic benefits to Victoria and retain its position as an internationally recognised major events venue.
- Who were the builders and why was their company selected?
The VRC appointed Multiplex to manage the construction due to its strong credentials in delivering milestone projects including, Melbourne Convention Centre, Federation Square, Wembley Stadium (London) and Crown (Perth).
- Who were the architects and why were they chosen?
The Club Stand was designed by leading architectural firm Bates Smart due to their experience with milestone projects, which have included the Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, Federation Square and Crown Casino.
- What are the stand-out features?
- The Roof Garden is a spectacular new addition to Flemington, and will house bars, betting facilities, food outlets, a DJ booth and extraordinary views of the track and Melbourne’s city skyline.
- The new Seating Deck is an unprecedented opportunity for racegoers to watch and enjoy the races outside with access to elevated viewing podiums and outdoor seating across three levels.
- The Members’ Bar is at the heart of the Club Stand, and has direct access to the energetic atmosphere on the Members’ Lawn and seamless access to the Betting Ring.