Saturday,Mar 16, 2019
Gates open 11:10am • First race 12:40pm • Last race 5:50pm
The All-Star Mile
Beats, eats and the richest mile race in the world.
Flemington will erupt with excitement on All-Star Mile Raceday when the richest 1600m race in the world is run by horses selected by fans and a huge party ignites the famous Front Lawn.
In a first for Australian racing, fans have determined ten runners of the 14 in the nation’s newest feature race, the $5 million The All-Star Mile (1600m), with a further four wildcard entries. With confirmed starters including Happy Clapper, Hartnell, Alizee and Mystic Journey, not only will it be the richest mile in the world but set to be one of the most thrilling.
Don’t miss the kick-off of Australia’s most electrifying new raceday!
Off the track, the west end of the Flemington Front Lawn will be turned into a thriving entertainment and foodie haven with live music acts hitting The Elms main stage throughout the day, including six-time ARIA Award winning band Jet with special guest Chris Cheney from The Living End.
Cheek is a meat focused restaurant from the team behind 'Dexter.' The no rules approach to BBQ has been stretched even further here. Expect big flavours and an International cuisine. It's meat, but not as you know it.
Hello José is a casual, laid-back Taqueria specialising in fresh, hand-made Mexican and good times! Tantalise your tastebuds with loaded tortilla chips, chipotle chicken wings and authentic Mexican Horchata.
Racegoers are encouraged to weave the hero colours of their chosen horse silks into their raceday looks. A special Instagram competition will be held where people will go into the running to win a major prize simply uploading their outfit, captioning which horse they are supporting and tagging @FlemingtonVRC and #ASMStyle.
Kids of all ages are encouraged to join us at the east end of the Front Lawn for fun and engaging horse-related activities in partnership with Racing Victoria’s Saddle Up School Holiday Program. Learn to ride a pony, meet a jockey and enjoy a variety of racing-themed activities run by Kelly Sports.
Living Legends Champions of the turf, Chief De Beers and Might and Power, will be joining us at Flemington. See them parading in the Mounting Yard and hanging out in the horse stall throughout the day. STALLS: 80 & 81. PARADE TIMES: 12:45PM & 2PM.
The iconic Australian rock band ignite the Elms Main Stage. Originally hailing from Dingley in Melbourne, Jet’s debut album Get Born sold more than 6.5 million albums globally and reached ten-times platinum in Australia. Album singles included Are You Gonna Be My Girl and Look What You've Done. SET TIME: 6PM
The Pamper Lounge is returning for Group 1 racing at Flemington, so bring your friends, sit back and relax whilst enjoy complimentary hair and make-up touch ups in The Atrium.
Located on the Front Lawn, racegoers have the opportunity to enter the TAB Grab Machine, which contains $5,000 worth of tickets redeemable for betting vouchers.
The Lexus Social 180 Activation is an exciting opportunity to take a selfie video with your friends and the all-new Lexus UX. Experience amazing at the west end of the Front Lawn from 12pm.
How does the All-Star Mile work?
1. Owners/trainers are invited to nominate their horse for The All-Star Mile by 15 January 2019;
2. Fans were invited to vote for the horse they want to see contest The All-Star Mile from among the list of nominations. By voting^ you will receive 50% OFF* selected General Admission raceday tickets. To add to the excitement fans who have voted will be entered in the running to share in the glory with 14 lucky voters selected to become an “All-Star Owner,” getting a chance to win a share of $500,000 in prizemoney as part of the $5 million total prize pool.
3. The 10 highest vote-getters will be selected to contest The All-Star Mile;
4. Four wildcards will be determined by Tuesday 5th March 2019 to complete the field of 14 All-Stars;
5. The final field will be confirmed and the barrier draw conducted by Tuesday 12th March 2019.
FIND OUT MORE
VIEW TRANSPORT & PARKING
VIEW WHAT TO WEAR