OUR VISION AND VALUES
VRC is treasured by all as a world leader in racing and event entertainment, guaranteeing an unrivalled experience.
The day-to-day activities of VRC employees are underpinned by the following values:
- Integrity: Acting with integrity in all that we do.
- Innovation: Encouraging and embracing innovation to achieve continuous improvement.
- Excellence: Setting the highest standards in service and value for our Members, customers and business partners.
- Collaboration: Valuing and respecting the commitment and contribution of all of our people and expecting collaboration across our teams.
Through our people, we will:
- continually develop Flemington as a world-class racing and entertainment venue all year round
- focus on the continued growth and success of the Melbourne Cup Carnival
- provide the highest quality service, facilities and value for our Members, customers, partners and the community
- balance our commitment to environmental sustainability and the local community with our operations
- maximise financial returns from our racing and events for the benefit of the Club, its Members, the racing industry and partners.
Inclusion and freedom from discrimination
Victoria Racing Club is committed to ensuring that Flemington Racecourse is a welcoming and inclusive place of entertainment and employment.
VRC expects that every person who works at Flemington or visits as member, patron or in any other capacity will act with respect and decency towards other people at all times, in an environment free from discrimination or vilification. The club’s policies, guidelines and training support this.
In particular, we welcome and celebrate diversity in the following attributes at our great racecourse and Club:
- physical features
- sexual orientation
- gender or gender identity (that is, a person’s bona fide adopted gender)
- marital/relationship status
- pregnancy or breastfeeding
- parental or carer status
- industrial activity or other employment activity (such as an exercise of workplace rights)
- genuine religious or political beliefs or activities.
Treating someone less favourably on the basis of any of these attributes will not be tolerated. This includes verbal abuse, the making of jokes (whether the person is present or not), asking that someone be moved or be less conspicuous, the inconsistent application of rules, discriminatory employment opportunities and any similar conduct.
These expectations apply at the racecourse, on social media and at any location external to Flemington where a connection with VRC exists.
VRC welcomes feedback on whether its personnel, members and visitors are honouring this commitment to the community, and suggestions as to how the Flemington experience can be improved from the point of view of inclusion and tolerance.
Gender equality at the VRC
As a non-public sector organisation with more than 100 employees, the VRC is now required to report on gender equality outcomes under the new legislation in the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
We see these changes as a positive move that will help us in understanding and setting voluntary targets on which to measure our progress.