- seek your consent before collecting your personal and/or sensitive information
- seek your consent before using and disclosing your personal and/or sensitive information
- at your request, give you access to your personal and/or sensitive information
- assist you with requests to correct your information
- make it easy for you to change your privacy preferences
- enable you to make a complaint using our Privacy Complaint Form (PDF) if you are unhappy with our handling of your personal or sensitive information
- investigate and consider all complaints received in accordance with our privacy complaint procedures.
How do I change my privacy preferences?
If you are a Member, you can change your privacy preferences yourself at any time by logging into your Membership account at vrc.net.au and updating or changing your privacy preferences directly. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service team during normal business hours on 1300 727 575.
If you are not a VRC Member, but would like to understand more about our use of your personal information, contact our Customer Service team during normal business hours on 1300 727 575.
How do I access my personal information held by VRC?
If applicable, you can access your personal information, or information about how we manage personal information generally, by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or by phoning (03) 8378 0888.
Your application for access is free but a fee may apply to cover any costs involved in accessing your personal information.
In order to protect personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing such information. Third parties (such as family members, solicitors and other personal representatives) will only be provided access to your information on presentation of identification and a power of attorney or other document of authority completed and signed by you to our satisfaction.
There are some circumstances in which we are entitled to deny you access to your own information. These include circumstances where such information is commercially sensitive or disclosure would prejudice our interests, where the privacy of others may be breached if the information were accessed or where the law requires or authorises such access to be denied. The VRC Privacy Officer will advise if any of these circumstances apply.
How do I make a privacy complaint?
If you believe that we have breached our privacy obligations, you can lodge a complaint with us by:
- Downloading and then completing the Privacy Complaint Form (PDF)
- Sending or emailing it to:
Private & Confidential
The Privacy Officer
Victoria Racing Club Limited
448 Epsom Road,
Flemington Victoria 3031
If you would like any further information about VRC’s approach to privacy, please phone Customer Service on (03) 8378 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.