In this section:
- Where do I find information on the day?
- Where can I find the race times and racing information?
- Where can I buy tickets? Can I buy tickets on the day?
- I’ve lost my ticket. What should I do?
- What time do the restaurants and marquees open?
- What can I bring into Flemington?
- Why do I need a wristband?
- Can I leave the racecourse and come back in?
- What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
- Is there a cloakroom on course?
- Are there any lockers on course?
- Are there ATMs and EFTPOS facilities at Flemington?
- Can I smoke cigarettes or cigars at Flemington, and where can I buy them on course?
- I have a small child. What facilities are available on course?
Where do I find information on the day?
Information staff dressed in gold attire will be located at all turnstiles and throughout the racecourse to assist with any questions you may have.
Where can I find the race times and racing information?
We recommend that you check each individual raceday on our website before you arrive. The times are usually available approximately one month before each raceday. This will give you an idea about the standard of racing, the prize money and the times of each race. The races are grouped in order of importance: Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, listed and handicapped. The higher the rating of the race, the greater the prize money. Once you arrive, this information is also available in the racebook.
Where can I buy tickets? Can I buy tickets on the day?
The Melbourne Cup Carnival is a fully ticketed event so you must buy a ticket before you get to Flemington. We advise that you book early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets are available from Ticketek. Find out what options are available, as well as prices and booking details.
General Admission tickets can also be purchased from Flinders Street, Southern Cross and North Melbourne train stations prior to Melbourne Cup Carnival. Dates will confirmed in the lead up to the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
The Melbourne Cup Carnival is an outdoor event and some ticketing options are open to the weather. We urge you to dress appropriately and bring along the required protection e.g. sunscreen and wet-weather gear, keeping in mind the dress regulations.
I’ve lost my ticket. What should I do?
Replacement tickets may be issued at the Victoria Racing Club’s discretion. Charges apply.
What time do the restaurants and marquees open?
The restaurants and marquees open one hour before the first race.
What can I bring into Flemington?
What you can bring into Flemington depends on which areas your ticket allows you entry to. Make sure you read our Terms & Conditions carefully before arriving to Flemington.
No alcohol can be brought through the turnstiles into the racecourse. The only exception is within Members' Reserved Car Parks - The Domain, The Nursery and The Rails (conditions apply). Alcohol can be purchased in all dining facilities and at retail bar outlets located in both the Members and public areas of the racecourse. Bag checks will be conducted by security at points of entry.
Anything that is considered dangerous including glasswear and knives will also not be permitted.
Why do I need a wristband?
Proof-of-age wristbands will be required for all people purchasing alcohol. Wristbanding marquees will be located at turnstile and bar entry points. Proof-of-age ID must be presented. Presentation of misleading identification is an offence and offending racegoers will be removed from the racecourse. Racegoers must be 18 years of age or older to purchase alcohol. Alcohol must not be purchased on behalf of underage patrons.
Access to Corporate Enclosures/Marquees will only be granted to those guests wearing the applicable wristband for that area.
Can I leave the racecourse and come back in?
Yes you can, but make sure you scan your ticket to exit at the turnstiles as you leave the racecourse.
What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
VRC Members and visitors to Members’ areas must abide by the dress regulations as outlined on our What to Wear web page.
There is no formal dress code for General Admission, however racegoers are encouraged to dress for a smart occasion.
Is there a cloakroom on course?
Public and Members' cloakrooms are available for cloaking of items on all racedays of the Melbourne Cup Carnival. There is no charge for this service.
- Northeast corner of Betting Ring
- Hill Stand Level 1
- Terrace Restaurant
- Committee Room (Committee Guests only)
- The Grandstand, Forum Level, east end, opposite lifts
- The Grandstand, Forum level, west end, opposite escalators
- Chairman’s Club (Guests only)
- Ground Floor, Old Members’ Stand (Ladies and Gentlemen)
- Ground Floor, Old Members’ Stand (Ladies Rest Room)
- First Floor Members’ Stand (Ladies Rest Room)
Make sure that you collect your cloaked items at the conclusion of the raceday. Unclaimed items will be available for collection between 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, or on racedays. Unclaimed items will be stored for a period of 30 days only after which time they will be discarded. Contact Customer Service on 1300 727 575 with any queries.
Are there any lockers on course?
There are no lockers on course, however we do have a cloakroom available. Southern Cross Station, Spencer Street, in Melbourne CBD has lockers available for use.
Are there ATMs and EFTPOS facilities at Flemington?
ATMs are situated at various locations on course for both the public and Members.
- Outside Visitors Centre, Betting Ring East (ATM)
- Grandstand Ground (Eftpos/ATM)
- Hill Stand 1st Floor (Eftpos)
- Outside The Precinct Fence Line (ATM)
- Outside Elms Trackside Fence (Eftpos)
- Western entry, Nursery Enclosure Car Park (ATM)
- Nursery Enclosure Central at Rotunda (Eftpos)
- Rails Enclosure East (ATM)
- Birdcage Enclosure (ATM)
- The Grandstand Forum (Level 1) East (ATM)
- The Grandstand Forum (Level 1) West (ATM)
- The Grandstand View (Level 4) West (ATM)
- Tote Windows, opposite Champagne Bar (Eftpos)
- Members Car Park, outside Phar Lap Marquee (ATM)
Is there wifi at Flemington?
Yes, there is now wifi available on-course. Connect to 'Flemington wifi' after accepting the terms and conditions to gain full access.
Can I smoke cigarettes or cigars at Flemington, and where can I buy them on course?
Smoking is not permitted within occupied building areas, in all indoor areas, including all marquees. Cigarette and cigar sales are available from:
- Betting Ring Central – Bernborough Club Bar
- Headquarters Tavern Gaming Area
- Hill Stand Level 1 – Hill Bar A
- Undercroft Central
- The Grandstand Forum – Forum Bar
- Old Members Ground Floor – Long Bar
I have a small child. What facilities are available on course?
Children are welcome at Flemington Racecourse and to the Melbourne Cup Carnival. On Emirates Stakes Day, the Zone is a FREE, fun-filled entertainment precinct for families and children. There is also an alcohol-free zone near the Mounting Yard, accessed via the Public Lawn.
Baby change and feeding facilities are available in both the public and Members’ areas.
- Feeding area and Ladies toilet at eastern end of betting ring
- Baby Change Facilities and Ladies toilet, at western end of Main Betting Ring
- Baby Change Facilities, 1st floor Hill Stand (Parents Room)
Ladies’ toilets, Ground Floor Members’ Stand East near Members’ Dining Room
The Grandstand Forum Level, Level 1, Western Foyer